Think Before you click!
- Have 1 good Virus Program (more than one just causes problems)
- Keep it up to date
- Remember if you say you “trust this sight” you are shutting off your antivirus!
- You will NEVER be contacted from Microsoft the IRS or the FBI via phone, this is a scam and you need to hang up and shut down your computer. Never give them money.
- Software updates are required to keep things running because things change and the software has to change with it in order for it to work properly.
- NEVER install an update from a pop up when you are on-line (it is most likely a Virus). Instead install directly from the manufacturers website.
- Programs that require updates > Your Windows (Microsoft) this will be done automatically. Note: update links for Adobe Reader- Adobe Flash – Oracle Java are located below
- DO NOT shut down during an update.